Recipe of the Month
Tuesday, 19 Jul 2011
Believe it or not a month has past, and it’s time for us to inspire you to don that Betty Draper lipstick, apron and oh-so-godly sweet sweet smile with our recipe of the month.
As we are busy little ladies, this month it’s all about easy recipes. So here is our delicious roast Chicken Roll with pumpkin, feta and walnut salad. Perfect for a hot summer night, which we seem to have a lot of lately.
Serves: 4 fashionistas, 2 blokes or 16 models.
1 Lenard’s Honey & Macadamia Nut Chicken Roll (found in Tanglin Market Place and available at The Butcher online)
¼ jap pumpkin, unpeeled and cut into segments
olive oil spray
80g walnuts, chopped
100g soft fetta, crumbled.
1 bag spinach or mixed salad leaves,
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Pop the Chicken Roll in the oven for 1hr & 25mins.
2. Slice the pumpkin and brush with oil. Bake or barbecue until tender (35 mins or so)
3. Pour a large glass of white wine. Sip frequently.
4. On a serving platter spread the spinach leaves or mixed salad, lay the sliced chicken and pumpkin atop and accessorise with the walnuts and fetta.
5. Finish with a sprinkle of balsamic and a shake of freshly ground pepper.
6. Congratulate yourself on a job-well done.
Keep an eye our for more of our delicious and easy recipes!
This recipe was brought to you by The Butcher, 44 Jalan Merah Saga #01-50, Singapore, p.6472 007 . Order online at www.thebutcher.com.sg. Free delivery for orders over $100, otherwise $10 delivery fee applies.