Recipe of the Month
Tuesday, 19 Jul 2011
Believe it or not a month has past, and it’s time for us to inspire you to don that Betty Draper lipstick, apron and oh-so-godly sweet sweet smile with our recipe of the month.
As we are busy little ladies, this month it’s all about easy-peasy cooking. So here is our delicious roast Chicken Roll with pumpkin, feta and walnut salad. Perfect for a hot summer night, which we seem to have a lot of lately.
Serves: 4 fashionistas, 2 blokes or 16 models.
1 Lenard’s Honey & Macadamia Nut Chicken Roll (found in Tanglin Market Place and available at The Butcher online)
¼ jap pumpkin, unpeeled and cut into segments
olive oil spray
80g walnuts, chopped
100g soft fetta, crumbled.
1 bag spinach or mixed salad leaves,
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Pop the Chicken Roll in the oven for 1hr & 25mins.
2. Slice the pumpkin and brush with oil. Bake or barbecue until tender (35 mins or so)
3. Pour a large glass of white wine. Sip frequently.
4. On a serving platter spread the spinach leaves or mixed salad, lay the sliced chicken and pumpkin atop and accessorise with the walnuts and fetta.
5. Finish with a sprinkle of balsamic and a shake of freshly ground pepper.
6. Congratulate yourself on a job-well done.
This recipe was brought to you by The Butcher, 44 Jalan Merah Saga #01-50, Singapore, p.6472 007 . Order online at www.thebutcher.com.sg. Free delivery for orders over $100, otherwise $10 delivery fee applies.