Recipe of the Month
Wednesday, 10 Aug 2011
So the girls are coming to lunch, and you my friend are by no means chef grade in the kitchen (hello, you only just discovered what the oven is for).
And that’s why we are here.
Here is the world’s simplest lunching recipe.
Even we can make this one!
Serves: 4-12 lunching ladies, Prep: at most 40 minutes
Chic Wheels & Greens
1 Lenard’s Greek Pinwheel per guest (found in Tanglin Market Place and available at The Butcher online)
1 pink grapefruit
2 tbspn olive oil
2 avocados, sliced
¼ iceberg or cos lettuce, torn into pieces
½ bunch coriander
salt and pepper
1. Slip on your favourite Rodeo Show dress, pop apron over top for full effect.
2. Open wine, sip regularly – for tasting purposes of course.
3. Pop your Greek Pinwheels into the oven at 180 degrees for 35 mins.
4. Peel the grapefruit of skin and pith (that’s the inside bits). With a sharp knife cut out each segment, holding the grapefruit over a bowl to catch all the juices, then squeeze the remaining membrane of juice. Try not to cut finger.
5. Find the whisk in the kitchen (or use a fork).
6. Whisk together the juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
7. Gently mix the avocado and grapefruit segments together in the dressing.
8. Tip the lettuce into a bowl and accessorize with avocado, grapefruit and coriander.
9. Place pinwheels on each plate and dress with salad on the side.
10. Season with additional pepper if required. Don’t go overboard here.
11. Open another bottle of chilled white wine, and serve together.
12. Breathe. Relax. Your work here is done.
This recipe was brought to you by The Butcher, 44 Jalan Merah Saga #01-50, Singapore, p.6472 0073. Order online at www.thebutcher.com.sg. Free delivery for orders over $100, otherwise $10 delivery fee applies.