Prawn Bruschetta with mango dressing
Monday, 21 Jan 2013
We love Jamie Oliver, but let’s get one thing straight: 15 minute meals were not his invention.
Ask working mums and busy bees all over and you’ll know they’ve been whipping up 15 minute meals before he even coined the term! Here’s our recipe of the month – and yes, it’s a fifteener!
Ingredients (serves 2)
Wholemeal bread unsliced
Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 red onion
8 cooked prawns peeled
1 mango (sliced)
½ red chili
1 tsp honey
1 tbs lime juice
1. Set oven to 180 degrees.
2. Make mango dressing – slice mango and chili and dice ginger. Blend mango, ginger, chilli, honey and lime in a blender and put aside. Don’t have a blender? Put some elbow grease in with a mortar and pestle.
3. Slice 2 pieces of wholemeal bread (thick slices), then slice them in half again.
4. Dice tomato, red onion, garlic, and basil into small pieces and place in a bowl, sprinkle black pepper over top.
5. Squeeze lemon and 1 tsp olive oil into bowl with other ingredients.
6. Place slices of wholemeal bread on baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, place in oven, and bake till golden brown. If you don’t have an oven or don’t want to use one, toast the bread in a pan.
7. Place bruschetta on top of bread, then place prawns. Sprinkle black pepper on top and drizzle with mango sauce.
Tip: it is likely you will have plenty of left over mango dressing – this can be used on salad the following day.
Looking for more daily tips and recipes? Follow Nat’s Nutritious Delicious on Facebook.